Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Medical Device
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Marketing, Sales
About the job
ASP Global, recently featured by on Inc’s 5000 list and the Atlanta Business Chronicle’s top 100 fastest growing companies is seeking an entrepreneurial minded Marketing Leader to join their team.
ASP Global is a high growth healthcare company that provides Direct Sourcing services of medical products to Health Systems, Distributors and Laboratories. Our purpose is to empower our customers by contracting directly with factories in order to give them better control of their product supply chain. This allows them to have greater control of product availability, cost and quality as well as to “source to spec” (customized products, Branding their business).
- 125 employees (30% growth in last 9 months)
- Private equity owned
- Headquartered in Austell, GA
Marketing Manager Position Overview
This is a dynamic opportunity for a Marketing Leader to step into a high growth organization, working directly with the Chief Commercial Officer building out the organization’s world class Marketing function.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of all marketing portfolio strategies’ We are seeking an individual for this role who can take business needs, apply a think customer mentality, and develop integrated customer experiences. You will have the unique opportunity to make an impact across all customer touchpoints, including digital and non-digital, as well as internal/employee touchpoints. This position requires a mix of leadership and innovative thinking.
The role will be responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of market size, share and growth for all major product categories, and for working with local and regional commercial leadership to develop downstream strategies & local execution plan. The role will shape the local marketing strategy and portfolio prioritization and will lead its execution for the company. The role will lead a team of marketers to drive long and short-term marketing & business planning for the region and manage product lifecycle across a diverse clinical environment.
Marketing Manager Position Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the ASP Global marketing group and effectively partnering with Commercial and Functional leaders to deliver on strategic and tactical plans.
- Develop the ASP Global marketing strategy and achieve product category revenue & profitability goals developing strategies and programs to increase the adoption of key products and services, optimizing the launch of new products, and uncovering new opportunities for growth for key categories within ASP Global.
- Support the development of new channels to market to ensure commercial goals are achieved including top and bottom line performance in conjunction with the local Sales leaders.
- Drive and operationalize integrated customer engagement strategies. Responsible for creating scalable methodologies, processes, and resources that enhance customer experiences.
- Understand customer and company objectives. Develop and synthesize customer insights and problem statements, identify pain points, key unmet needs, and opportunities for improvement to create best in class customer journeys
- Design and lead workshops to educate and consult key stakeholders on customer experience design and ideate user-centered, integrated journeys
- Develop key benchmarks and measures of success for customer experiences
- Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations materials, sales tools and competitive analysis
- Develop strategy for services / solutions beyond products to bring value to customers and differentiate ASP Global.
- Develop comprehensive market insights to support clinical and commercial strategy and goals, and foster a culture of data driven decision making for all marketing strategy.
- Lead and develop the ASP marketing team, ensuring engagement, talent development and clear career development plans.
- Develop and foster business relationships with key customers and key opinion leaders to assess industry trends and to identify future product opportunities and innovation.
- Lead business development strategy, plans and execution, developing a short term and long term strategic plan to grow revenue & profitability via portfolio optimization
- Strong drive for execution excellence & KPI focus in all areas.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field or ten (10) years related marketing management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the healthcare industry
- 10 + years of experience in related field, medical device/healthcare preferred.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Proven track record of using data analysis to suggest process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong motivational, listening and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with metrics and analysis including workforce planning, productivity, and KPIs required.
- Computer Skills: Advanced skills with suite of Microsoft products
- Commercial (Business Unit) management experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of building talent capability and creating highly engaged teams
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated success in all aspects of marketing strategy, tactical development and execution
- Role-model marketing competencies and proven track record of building strong marketing functions
- Exceptional communication & presenting skills, including experience presenting to senior leadership
- Ability to lead, develop, coach & mentor team members and guide a team towards successful execution on marketing plans
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong understanding of market access, healthcare policies, external environment across key markets.
- Self-starter (high degree of initiative)
- High integrity
- High intellect, curious
- Builder (vs. maintain)
- Results driven/bold but humble
- Relationship oriented, highly collaborative
- Sense of humor